Sunday, January 3, 2010

2009: A Musical Year In Review (Part 8)



And there you have it... I assume #1 wasn't a huge surprise, but I hope some of you found something interesting here (artistically OR musically). 2009 was good musically - but a pretty crap year otherwise. Glad to see it gone...

Feel free to post comments, thoughts or whatever - hey, just let me know some of you actually read this mess [smirk]... comments can be left even if you don't have an account (anonymous option - but feel free to sign it anyways hehe).

Back to the grind - got a comic to finish, another to get underway, and a new project to try and whip into shape... stay tuned! 2010 - weird. Just weird.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ok, random thinkings...

40 lou barlow - just picked this up, think it might be better than emoh....

30 mos def - i'm trying, but it just aint happening...much prefer K'naan (as previously discussed...)

22 doves - better than some cities, not last broadcast - they haven't had a single on the last two albums....

21 muse - I LIKE muse, but i'm not proud of it....if they get anymore self indulgent, they'll likely implode...would rank this one at the bottom of their catalog...

15 - silversun pickups....i've tried, and I just don't get it. not even a little.

14 - yeah yeah yeahs....so now they're 'pretty'. weird. after i got over that, the album rocks.

12 - editors...haven't listened to this one enough, but - I like the synths, but there's something seriously missing - I find my self actually nodding my head in agreement to the pitchfork review, and most of the time I find them to be pretentious wankers. To qualify, I do like the album, and I'm surprised Papillion hasn't had more airplay (an in-your-face hook), though 'Kick like a sleep twitch' is giving Coldplay a run for the worst lyric award....

#9 White lies - yes please.

#4 the xx - this one's next on the pickup list I think....

and thoughts on st. vincent? everything i've heard is good, so is the press....

anyway, my 10 cents.

Aaron H.

industri studios said...

Mos Def > K'naan - just accept it. Clearly, as you can see, it's math (I used a greater than sign - this makes it math)... you can't argue with math.

Muse - be proud - they're great, and bombastic. Embrace 'em.

Editors - some of his lyrics irk me, too - but I actually really like the "sleep twitch" line...

St. Vincent - I'm lukewarm, but a lot of people whose opinions I respect and (generally) agree with do like her. I certainly "get it" - so I'd say go for it, and check her out...