Sunday, March 15, 2009

D.E.A.D : "And I Thought *I* Was Hardcore..."


So - before everyone I know asks to be turned into a cartoon, some history. Chris (owner of the fine establishment "Cadence" in Kitchener) Reid and I go WAY back... we first met when we were in our early-mid teens. Years later, when we wound up working together, it was a revelation that we'd known each other from before - and when we started hanging out together - well - our social circles were a little different (to say the least).


A party with Chris inspired my first auto-bio comic some years later (Read it here) - so when he jokingly suggested I revive "another old character" I found myself curious to see how they'd differ (my old interpretation and my new). It makes for a somewhat different comparison to my 20+ year old work... and I'm glad I did it... shoulda pimped him out a little more - but I settled for him just looking hard.

No comments: