Tuesday, March 17, 2009

D.E.A.D : Blast From The Past (Flashback)


Flashback was the leader of the Comet Trails - and when I took his mask off at the end of issue 4, I decided he wouldn't be white. So I finished the couple panels and suddenly realized he was white in all the other issues (you could/can see his face) - so I was faced with a dilemma... should I redraw those pages? Should I say he wore a caucasian mouth cover to disguise his identity? I went for option 3 - and went back through every issue and coloured his face to match the unmasked version in issue 4.


My first real grapple with race: solved in a more conscientious manner than I realized at the time... the race didn't matter, just a logical explanation.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Heh heh, why did you decide he shouldn't be white? Do you remember?

industri studios said...

Issue 4. I had everyone sitting around fixing Fast Fist's armour (after it was cut up by the team's arch nemesis Switchblade)... and with their masks off, he was black.

Foresight may NOT have been young Scott's strong point...