Monday, March 23, 2009

D.E.A.D : Future Pop 2 - Heads


The Future Pop project is my first dip into something completely fictional. Even my Spun stories (record-store-set comic) were based, loosely, on my own life. Future Pop is something else entirely.

Obviously, I need a protagonist - enter Elliott. Designing a character I will be happy drawing again and again and again is always a challenge... so sometimes, when I need to kickstart myself, I just draw heads. Essentially a "telling" 3/4 view (ie: it gives the most info on what a person would look like) - and I just knock out as many as I can fathom - adding some ink to refine any I sort of like. Obviously I want my hero to look kinda cool, so a "standard" (read: not bulbous or fat, not long and skinny) everyman sort of look... I'm pretty into the last version (a flip of the bangs and slight shift in the hair from the sketch beside it seemed to do the trick).

Whether this is final, I can't say - but I like how it looks regardless...

1 comment:

Peter La said...

Hey I really like the last one too. Cool hair... looks like someone from Orgy.

Nice work. Now for the body & outfit.