Sunday, March 29, 2009

D.E.A.D : This is MY Batman or Spider-Man...

For many artits, their eventual goal is to draw Batman, or Spider-Man or Superman or something... my coal is to draw Cleveland's most famour file clerk.


If I could draw any "property" (and it feels weird referring to a real guy as a property), my first choice would quite likely be the opportunity to draw the man made famous for being a curmudgeon... Harvey Pekar. His life is so... mundane... but he presents it with such panache you can't help but become involved. He certainly has his cadre of GREAT cartoonists (from Robert Crumb to current mainstay Dean Haspiel), but I'd love to contribute to an American Splendor collection at some point.

Perchance to dream...

2 comments:

sjanewolf said...

And that it why you are awesome.

Unknown said...

I'd like to see a rendering of Seth. Especially after your description of him and sjanewolf's lusting after him (hee hee),