Tuesday, March 31, 2009

D.E.A.D : With A Little Help From My Friends...


I'd done a self-portrait "with characters" some time ago... but had been wanting to update the idea for some time - and marking the end of the D.E.A.D. month seemed a good time to at least TRY the mock up. I'm not 100% sold on this layout, and may change it, but think the "astonishing book" is as good a method as any...

That being said, keep checking back - D.E.A.D. month may be done (I'll probably do it again in the summer) - but updates will be coming, as well as some pages from Lightning Boy in the not so distant future.

Busy, busy... keep checking, I'll keep posting...

3 comments:

Peter La said...

This is awesome, one of the best pieces I've seen from you.

Your work is really evolving (for the better) -- this piece is proof of that.

I personally like that the lines are not overworked, and that there is no unnessary shading/hatching going on.

Peter La said...

Scott, come back!

(Call it D.E.A.D. withdrawal :)

industri studios said...

Soon... honest... I've been SWAMPED with contract work (that I don't show until it's published, at the earliest)... something soon, for sure... thanks for the vote of confidence.